Perfect surface quality in process and finish
Reliable and repeatable
After painting (top coat or CDC), visible defects in the paint are caused by dust inclusions, for example. Until now, these had to be removed by hand. Problems and difficulties occur during this step of the process, though: The processing result can vary depending on the employee’s daily form. The sanding dust and the ergonomics during work are also a burden for the employee.
With the automatic finish, ASIS offers a fully automated solution for this work step.
- High precision & fully automatic reworking process system in the paint finish
- Applied in top coat and in cathodic dipping coating (CDC)
- Repeatability of process results
- Automatic allocation of application parameters and reworking processes depending on the type of defect
- Automated path planning of application programs
The defect detection covers the positioning and the classification based on the severity of the defect. Afterwards a treatment program is assigned, which was developed with a series of tests in advance. The defect detection can either be manual or automatic.
ASIS cooperates with partner companies and delivers the appropriate system according to your needs.
Sanding is carried out with special sanding equipment designed for continuous industrial use. Depending on the particular defect class, the defect is processed individually.
Also the media supply during sanding is fully automatic: At the sanding disc exchange station ASIS Disc-X-Change the robot automatically changes the abrasives from four different magazines.
Polishing is also done with special industrial polishing machines. The polish is precisely dosed with the ASIS polish dosing station PolishSup and directly sprayed on the surface with a spray gun. The gun is sitting next to the polishing unit.
Products for the automatic finish
ASIS offers the complete package for a fully automated and secure process. This also includes the supply with sanding discs, polishing pads and polishing agent:
- Disc-X-Change sanding disc exchange station (fig. left)
- Pad-X-Change polishing pad exchange station (fig. middle)
- PolishSup polish supply and dosage (fig. right)
- Safe and fast automated exchange of the abrasive
- No disruption of production during magazine change
- Modular design
- Field-tested and fully developed plant technology
Full program from one source
ASIS GmbH offers the seamless integration of the automatic finish into your process.
Due to our broad portfolio and our competence in automation and process technology, we are your partner as general contractor during the entire project.
On a fully equipped automatic finish cell in the ASIS Development Center, interested visitors can view the technology live and test the automated processing on their own workpieces.
We look forward to your request: